View Single Post
Old 30th July 2016, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'd never reviewed anything until i started on here.

I'm not sure if i should offer advice or not as i'm not sure if my reviews are any good or not. Some are, others it's just a case of trying to say a few words about a film rather than any real review.

I started off by taking notes on a pad whilst watching films i knew i wanted to review. Mainly ones for the Gothic Thread. Then the next day i'd attempt to turn the notes into some sort of review. I still do this for things i want to review properly like i did with The Green Inferno.

I try not to read too much about a film i'm about to try and review as i find it's other people's words in my head rather than my own.

I think really it's just practice.

Maybe Frankie can offer you advice. He has a certain style which i admire. Meaning you can always tell which review came from the pen of the Teardrop.
I mean this with absolute sincerity, his reviews are some of the best on here, often i find myself wanting to watch the stuff even he didn't like based on his negative review, but the absolute greatest of respect to Monsiuer Teardrop, isn't he generally pissed? Oh wait....