View Single Post
Old 7th August 2016, 09:19 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

download.jpg

The Zero Boys are a small group of friends that partake in paintball war games. After their latest victory they head out to the woods for some training. On this trip they have a new addition to the Zero Boys Jamie the girlfriend of an other groups leader who they won as part of a wager in the last games. Almost as soon as they set foot into the wilderness things start to get strange and its evident this wont be a normal training / camping trip.

I had high hopes for this but i just found it dragging on and on Steve the leader of The Zero Boys was just a pain in the ass his acting was so wooden and he just didnt seem to fit in with the gang too much of a sensible father type character the rest of the characters or not too bad and their acting has some variation to it. When you have an action slasher i usually dont let the acting bother me at all but there is so little action and so very very little slashing here that you are forced to spend time with these people and their acting and listening to dialogue. I do enjoy a film with a slow build but when you are stuck in a cabin with people who are not one bit interesting its a real slog and for an 80s film with 80s ladies i didnt see one boob . The stalker in the film was not even menacing considering that The Zero Boys have a shit load of guns and the stalkers have a knife and a cross bow so the advantage is with The Zero Boys and even when they are unarmed the stalkers show up right behind them and run away purposely dragging it out to fill the run time. Some time down the road i will give it another spin and see if i like it any better second time around but after my first viewing i cant see much changing. One plus i can think of right now has to be the soundtrack i loved it.

Overall i was disappointed it was not the entertaining trashy fun i had hoped it would be.It had many good ideas but it just didnt expand on them enough. Ill score this right in the middle because although i found it a little boring i have seen much worse films so ill give it a

5/10

EDITED_IMAGE_20160615_164700.jpg

Steve shows off his mean face absolutely terrifying