View Single Post
Old 12th August 2016, 06:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Clash Hits Back

The Hits The Clash.
Ho hum another day another CHEAP compilation CD. The danger of browsing the shelves of certain supermarkets with their glittering new boxes of shiny consumerism, is that I’m a bloody sucker for a bargain. Not very punk I know, my 15-year-old self would of spat on their shelves and put a well-placed doc marten in there display shelve (alright the most dangerous thing I ever did was steal from Woolworth’s pick and mix, but you get the idea anarchy in the uk etc.) Actually more to the point why do I buy compilation CD’S when I pretty much own the bands entire back catalogue, is the question. Mostly it is to stick in the car and van for those days when I’ve failed miserably at Ken Bruce’s pop master on Radio 2, and the thought of having to listen to Steve Wright in the Afternoon is only second to flossing with barbed wire and pouring hot water directly into my ear. Obviously there are no real surprises, it’s the hits and the well-known tracks we have all come to know and love (well as long as you’re a fan of The Clash that is). Interesting the track listing is the same as the played at Brixton Fair Deal 10 July 1982,apparently the band came onto the stage to "La Resa Dei Conti (For A Few Dollars More)" by Ennio Morricone, (thanks Wiki) The Ramones used to come on to stage with theme tune from The Good, Bad And The Ugly and Fields of the Nephilim used "Man with the Harmonica" from Once Upon a Time in the West. Any how it is a quality release, no rubbish alternate cuts from the bowels of some deserted recording studio about to be bull dozered down. Instead we get some remastered classics, basically this is a slim down version of the Sound System Box Set. At £5 this two disc set is a nice buy, high points for me being a cover of The Equals song "Police on My Back" , "White Riot" well the list could go on really, like I said if you’re a fan then you got these any way, but it’s a damn sight better than listening to Nick Grimshaw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The-Clash-Hits-Back_1200_1073.jpg (83.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg max1379415949-back-cover.jpg (96.7 KB, 4 views)