View Single Post
Old 17th August 2016, 09:55 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
See, it's people like you who pay a fiver a month and expect to get everything for nothing after that.

If you spent some cash then British companies would stay afloat.

Seriously though. Blaming you aside, that's probably one big reason why they are going under. I looked at a few of the pages you linked to and everything was sort of stream before buy type stuff and Witchfinder General aside none of it was what you'd call exciting. I know, i own a few of them - Apocalypse of the Dead etc.

The only ones of note were two Taxi films and Ils. All of which were released probably ten years back now.
If they released them on Blu, I might have bought them rather than having to import! A prime example is the remake of The Town that Dreaded Sundown which arrived from Love Film tonight and is a Metrodome title. If I enjoy it enough to want to own it then I will import a Blu rather than pick-up Metrodome's DVD. Other titles of theirs I've seen through rental that I will also need to import include Big Bad Wolves, Coherence, Rigor Mortis, Spring, Starry Eyes, The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears...

They have released a fair amount of stuff and some of their titles I do own (The Maniac remake, What We Do in the Shadows), but as you say a lot of it seems to be horror cheapies that is stream before you buy/poundland fodder.