View Single Post
Old 5th September 2016, 11:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've given myself Sci-Fi fatigue already after a couple of days and instead watched a documentary and 'coming of age' film instead yesterday.

However I did watch some VERY good Star Trek TNG episodes over the weekend.

The first one was called Rascals which involved Picard, Keiko, Ro and Guinan having transporter issues, when they were beamed back aboard the Enterprise a glitch in the computer stripped a DNA node from them which turned their bodies into that of 12 year olds. It just so happened that at the same time the Enterprise was taken hostage by some Ferengi pirates who beamed all of the adults down the planet surface, leaving the 4 to try and fix the situation. A very fun episode, the lad playing a young Picard was great haha!

A Fistful of Datas was one of those rare funny Worf episodes - this time a holodeck program goes wrong and Worf, Alexander and Troi are in danger when the characters are replaced by Data in this homage to classic Hollywood westerns such as Shane, and not unfortunately the Italian counterparts where the show's name came from!

Another standout was the double-parter Chain of Command which saw Picard, Worf and Crusher sent on a top secret mission to infiltrate Cardassian space while a new Captain takes control of the Enterprise. This one saw David Warner as the guest star playing a rather sadistic Cardassian interrogator.

The other 2 episodes I saw weren't as good so I'll not talk about them! Halfway through Season 6 now so my TNG odyssey is almost over. I'm either going to dive straight into Deep Space Nine of have a Trekky break and watch Battlestar Galactica again.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky