View Single Post
Old 9th September 2016, 07:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Kinda related to the subject topic!

We Asked Americans To Watch British TV Shows – And They Got So Confused | Buzzfeed

Read the wacky comments about:
  • University Challenge ("This team can’t possibly be comprised of people named Gillow, Savory, Binnie, and Quinn, right? Oh, it’s their last names.")
  • Hollyoaks ("Did that little girl say “chav”? What is a chav? Is that appropriate language for a child?")
  • Countdown ("This is like Boggle! But harder. Oh my god. Much harder! WHY IS MATH HAPPENING?!")
  • Geordie Shore ("I’ll be honest, I can understand maybe 70% of what these people are saying. Christ, they just played more blanket sex and I jumped.")
  • Made In Chelsea ("I barely watched The Hills, but I remember it looking so fake, and this seems even more fake, so I’m not entirely sure this isn’t some utterly clever meta-satire of American reality TV in the 2000s.")
  • Take Me Out ("This is like The Voice but it’s like The Date instead. Also, f*** that guy, he’s such a douche.")
  • Points Of View ("Is this the most British thing I’ve ever seen? You made a talk show about your quibbles?")
  • Grand Designs ("This is definitely the kind of show you watch on a Sunday afternoon while accidentally drinking an entire bottle of rosé. I’m very much into it.")
  • Come Dine With Me ("This feels like a show that is trying too hard to be American and overblown. It was so obnoxious and uninteresting that I stopped watching before the 90-second mark.")
Of all the British tv shows they showed them this lot
Take me out is cheesy and corny as hell, no way can some of them struggle to find a bloke most are gorgeous,
Goerdie shore, made in chelsea?? Really does ANYONE actual watch these tripe they call tv.
Never seen half a hour of these shows the adverts/trailers are enough
One of the comments on Hollyoaks.. Adam: First of all, the opening credits are comically long
that tickled me considering how many American shows still have the writting credits 10 minutes into the show.
Also amused at how many comedies have a advert break only to come back for a punchline to last less than 30 seconds then the show ends, or the other way round you only just got the opening scene for a advert break.
Love or hate bbc at least its advert free.