View Single Post
Old 10th September 2016, 06:44 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Duncan Norvelle, now there's a blast from the past. I remember that lame "chase me" routine. Only you could come up with that, Ron.

I dont suppose you remember the TV comedy show he used to be on? The premise was they did their routine in front of a punter and had to make them laugh under a certain time. That's what I remember him from. The time line was the early eighties and it was on ITV at tea time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Punchlines! That was the bugger.
I think you are wrong, Mr. 420

'Punchlines' was a Saturday night memory game, hosted by Lennie Bennett. It was a 'Celebrity Squares' type thing where the contestant was given the first part of a joke, and they had to choose a comedian to read the answer from a card s/he was holding, leading to much hilarity and innuendo

So, if the contestant was asked "A fisherman said to the seven-foot man...", the contestant would try to remember which of the eight boxes on the set would contain the punchline "...with legs like yours, you don't need a rod" but inevitably they would pick something like "...where do you keep your big tackle?" instead!

I think that the show that you are thinking of, where a comedian stood in front of a contest and tried to make them laugh within a minute, was actually called...'Make Me Laugh', although in all honesty, I don't remember Duncan Norvelle being on that. He was more of a '3-2-1' or 'Live At The Palladium' comedian!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty