View Single Post
Old 12th September 2016, 05:51 PM
Cult Addict

Lego movie.

wish I'd caught this earlier, probably far smarter and better written than a film about lego should be this one has a genuinely terrific script and some dead on voice acting.

Dracula untold

The last thing the unviersal horror franchise needed was an 'extended universe'. It works for superheros as one would normally be able to pick up a book and see captain america and spider man team forces and it always felt a little sad when hero films were stand alone. Here the creative team not only manage to mangle Unvisersals Dracula series and mutate it into a live action Dynasty warrior clone where vampires that happily die from a bowie knife through the chest can rend there way through entire armies while fighting to retain their identity. I dont regret spending £2 on it and its probably worth streaming just go in with expectations lowered.

Need for speed

Given the beyond-terrible reviews and the career immolation of Aaron Paul this is another one I picked up cheap and went into with the lowest of expectations....aaaaand I actually quite liked it.
Its not a neglected classic by any means, the plot is by the numbers and the characterisations are uniformly cookie cutter from other, better films but the focus here is shit-hot car chases and on this front it delivered enough to entertain me.