View Single Post
Old 27th September 2016, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Prestige (2006)

Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale are two stage magicians who engage in competitive one-upmanship in an attempt to create the ultimate stage illusion.

In the midst of his Batman trilogy director Christopher Nolan unleashed this piece of wizardry on the world. Albeit less celebrated than Gotham's superhero i do think this is the better film.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, i think it's a film well worth searching out. It has fantastic production design, a glorious 1899 setting, David Bowie and illusions galore.

The Prestige is one of those films where the viewer is endlessly searching for clues and tricks as to what is unfolding before our eyes but as Michael Caine says during the opening, "Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled". And that is why i much preferred it second time round - it's best not to get too involved as first time round i found it all rather disappointing but a repeat viewing, albeit a decade later, and everything fit perfectly into place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prestige.jpg (65.4 KB, 6 views)