View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2016, 04:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I generally like Eric Stanze films, being a fan of grungy camcorder destitution. I guess he's getting bigger budgets these days, but only by a little. I particularly dug 'Ice From The Sun' when I saw it years ago. Perhaps I should reacquaint myself, because I'm not sure whether I enjoyed the idea more than the reality if you know what I mean, and I seem to remember that it's a bit of a sit-through if you're just wanting to be mindlessly entertained, which, these days, increasingly, I am. Have never seen the uncut 'Scrapbook', although obviously I'm aware of its small scale notoriety. ISOYCIPOYG lies unwatched in a carrier bag at the back of one of my cupboards, and I think that's probably fitting from what I've heard.
I have got the uncut Scrapbook and it's a pretty grueling affair. I watched the six or seven trailers on the Undertow disc and thought ISOYCIPOYG looked rather good in an extremely sleazy way. I haven't seen Ice From the Sun. The trailer looked a bit amateur hour if i'm honest.