View Single Post
Old 4th October 2016, 12:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
So with the talk of Code Red / Bill / Bananna Man buying the worldwide rights to many of the Italian films he's releasing I thought I'd consult 88. If Bill was buying the worldwide rights that would immediatly stop 88 or Shameless from putting out various titles.

I heard back from 88 Richard today, he says that Bill has not got the worldwide rights to any of the titles he's putting out and doesn't know why he would claim too.

I personally think Bill's deal may be more of an 'exclusive' deal where he gets the masters first and other labels may have to wait six or so months. 88 were hoping to put Ironmaster and After the Fall of New York out in 2016 but there delayed until 2017 which reading between the lines from their FaceBook post months ago may have something to do with Bill...

So the upshot is that Bill maybe releasing Seven Bloodstained Orchids, Monster Shark etc but the rights are still available for 88 or Shameless or even Arrow to buy for a UK release.
Could anyone post a link to where it officially states that CR DVD, not Joe Bloggs on Bluray.com or A Shole on some fan film forum, has stated that they have world wide rights to any Italian movie? To my meagre knowledge they have never done so but I could be wrong.
The only two films CR has claimed as exclusive to them is the North American rights to Schoolgirls in Chains and the Worldwide rights to The Love Butcher. All the rest of his releases he has stated that he has only a USA contract - which he uses as an excuse that he cannot legally sell his films outside the USA.
I'm just intrigued to where this all comes from...
Any links??