View Single Post
Old 5th October 2016, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Film No.4

Attachment 183270

On the way to the hospital to give birth to their first child Amelia and her husband are involved in a car crash which costs her husband his life. Jumping forward six year and Amelia and her son Sam are still living alone and sam is a little terror obsessed with the presence of monsters his fear and determination to protect his mother makes him very violent towards her and kids at his school resulting in him having to be removed from the school. His behaviour gets worse and worse and even more violent towards his mother when he discovers a book called Mister Babadook.

Right from the get go The Babadook is a really annoying film and i was tempted to turn it off three maybe four times. First off the kid is constantly screaming his head off and the longer the film goes on the worse it becomes. This is a real mixed bag when ever The Babadook appears it looks pretty stupid and the mother's descent into madness is more annoying than terrifying the only time i felt uncomfortable was with the treatment of the kid even if to begin with he was an irritating little brat. I liked the use of colour to make it seem like they were living inside the Mister Babadook storybook the house they live in is almost completely black and grey and the kid is always dressed in black and grey.

Oh and that ending is a load of Bolladook

This was not for me it was really hard to sit through i couldnt wait for it to be over. Not one i will ever watch again. I have seen people say you have to understand the deeper meaning behind the film to get it but its hard to get over the amount of annoyances the films had for long enough to be able to dig deeper.

The Babadook gets a very unimpressive

4/10
Aw ffs Nordy! Its a brilliant film. [emoji17]