View Single Post
Old 15th October 2016, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
DANGEROUS MEN – Takes us into a realm of cinema where sheer badness gives way to total madness, and, in this case, extreme radness. Note that the last sentence only works because the director is / was known by the name of John Rad... what I'm trying to say, dewd, is that 'Dangerous Men' is really quite far from most people's idea of 'rad' and much closer to their sense of 'a film so incoherent even Godfrey Ho would piss on it'. That still makes it great in my book. Can I even summarise what it's about? Some cop guy is killed on a beach by two hoods, leaving his bereft gf with a lust for vengeance against all sleazy men. So for about an hour it plays out as a wonkily put together revenge flick which looks like it was shot in different time zones (because it was, some sequences were filmed decades apart with very detectable effects on the ageing players etc). Then it changes, and becomes some confused search for a villain who looks like a WWE reject. It all ends on a perfectly underwhelming note. 'Dangerous Men', it has to be said, is paraquat for the mind, and you will emerge from a viewing either with white light shining in your eyes or drooling and clutching a rag doll. If you were to watch a triple bill including it and its nearest blood relatives, 'Samurai Cop' and 'The Miami Connection', well I don't know what would happen but you might never be the same again. Then again, you might just feel you've watched a bunch of really badly made late eighties action flicks. If the thought of the latter turns you on, then get it now.
Dangerous Men was one of the lucky contestants on RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst...