View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2016, 06:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

As we approach the home stretch a few thoughts...

HALLOWEEN
Still one my faves, love how Carpenter uses music in film and this one is no different, great memories of watching this on release in the cinema, top stuff.
DAWN OF THE MUMMY
This was just as bad as I remember, but... as late night fun it's in a league of it's own, if you survive the first half and stick around for the mummy and his minions to arrive you'll have a smile on your face at the end.
NEAR DARK
Another stonking good watch, although this time around the romance element (post Twilight, Buffy etc.) got on my nerves a tad but Henricksen, Paxton & crew more than make up for the syrup.
TOMBS of the BLIND DEAD
One of my favorite ABUK releases, although the fashion police should have made some arrests never have slow moving Knights seemed so deadly. Every horror fan should have this film.
ALLIGATOR
What a fun ride this is, acting is some of the best you'll see (even Henry Silva hits the right note) with the sequel thrown in a very nice ABUK release.
PHANTASM
Now this was a shock... I've kinda gone off this one, although the deadly flying steel balls are a f*%ckin' great idea it seems more suited to a younger me these days, I just found it a bit 'teen' for me nowadays.
CONTAMINATION
For some reason I love this, me and a mate found a pre-cert uncut copy on VHS around 1987, and spent a very merry Sunday afternoon watching it and then getting some mates round to watch it again later that night when we got even more... merry and giggly, ahem, now those memories elevate this more than it's worth, Starcrash is Cozzi's much more fun Sci-Fi epic but this always brings a smile, and tho Arrow's BD is an upgrade it doesn't disgrace this ABUK dvd release, one of the highlights of my ABUKtober so far.