View Single Post
Old 24th October 2016, 08:04 PM
Cult Master

I like what they have done with the Doctor - older, grouchier, more 'alien' and less of a romantic lead. I also thought it was a bold idea to kill off a companion, even if she didn't stay dead!

The Dalek story was fun, and it was good to see Missy back, still as loopy as a fruit bat!
The underwater ghost story could have been done in a single episode, as could the Ashildr/'Me' one
The Zygon story was a good concert, but poorly executed
Sleep No More - Slept thru the actual episode, and then slept thru it again when I tried it with the commentary!
The final trilogy was very well done, but I am a sucker for the kind of story which is 'left-of-centre', so I loved the episode where it was just The Doctor and no other character
The Husbands of River Song had some real fun elements - The Doctor pretending he knew nothing about the TARDIS, and his 'surprise' when he first entered it - but Matt Lucas left me cold

On the whole, I am really enjoying Capaldi as the Doctor, and hope he stays for a long time. It's just a shame that the younger fans of Nu-Who don't seem to be taking to him because he is older, darker and not a young, dishy pin-up Doctor

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty