View Single Post
Old 1st November 2016, 04:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
A while ago I said about Arrow's edition of The Bloodstained Butterfly looking wrong with terrible black level and inaccurate colours and that I expected Camera Obscura to fix that for their release, well they have just confirmed that they will indeed be doing that: The Official Camera Obscura Thread - Page 19 - Blu-ray Forum

Hopefully this will make you guys realise that I'm not talking nonsense about these Ritrovata remasters, I always get people saying they look fine to them and that there's nothing wrong, but if Camera Obscura are going to the time, expense, and trouble of giving it a 'completely new grading' then that certainly suggests something is very wrong with these remasters.

Given camera obscuras track record it's likely if anyone can improve things they can

I think the bigger question is going to be will improvements in grading be enough to warrant splashing out potentially twice the price or more for an ok giallo

I think people like myself who don't notice these issues are not necessarily disagreeing with you, they just don't have eyes that are keen. I watch stuff on a bog standard 32 inch TV so I'm not really scanning everything for flaws. I've a bunch of camera obscura titles and can voucher for their quality but given cash flow issues I'd opt for cheaper titles given the chance. Shame arrow couldn't have spent more time on it though.