View Single Post
Old 14th November 2016, 02:44 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The problem is in which forward direction? It's clearly not as popular as it once was which must be down to the producer and star - poor scripts and a star who the public don't enjoy as much. Even dross like Fear Her could be carried by Tennant and Piper in the public's eyes. Less so Capaldi and Coleman, who looked lovely but was so bland. I feel a lot of the blame is with Steven Moffat though for leaving aside methods that always worked and introducing woeful plot arcs.
The blame is also with the BBC, who totally cocked up the transmission time for the last series - it was on much too late for a lot of the potential audience. Sadly, crap like 'Strictly' now dominates the autumn schedule, and this dictates what time other programmes are broadcast

I have mentioned before that I think Capaldi is a wonderful Doctor. I know it's going to be a controversial statement, but in my opinion, he is the best of the Nu-Who actors

Steven Moffat has made the show too convoluted now. With Russell T., and classic series stories like 'The Key To Time' and 'Trial Of A Time Lord', the arc was not as prevalent as it is now. With Moffat it is very much IN-YOUR-FACE... now what shall I make the actual story about?

[Off topic - I have been watching 'Sherlock' recently, and at the end of each story, I am saying to Chloe "it's much too clever for it's own good". That same criticism can be laid at the feet of Doctor Who under Moffat]

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty