View Single Post
Old 18th November 2016, 12:30 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

I think one of the most appalling decisions ever made with new Who has to be the constant returning or should I say revolving door of writers who, in my humble opinion should of been dropped, especially Mark Gatiss, and some un-tested writers like Lance Parkin, Paul Leonard, Marc Platt and even (controversially) Lawrence Miles who could of been employed to bring some much needed balance to NuWho. We needed more Robert Shearman and Paul Cornell. I'm certainly not a fan of Chibnall either. And this concept of taking the Doctor back to a younger, more baby faced character is just asking for trouble. Capaldi is acceptable as the 12 Doctor, but has been let down by some rather shitty one-dimensional stories, but I do agree that some of the last two series with Capaldi haven't been as good as expected. Only a tiny minority of stories caught my attention to be honest. I didn't mind Matt Smith as Doctor 11, but Steven Moffat has in my view, mudded the waters of Dr Who.

Not only that, but he's also given us the un-masking of the Ice Warrior, which really wasn't necessary in my view. I prefered the mystery of not knowing what was under the mask of the Ice Warrior. He green lit the teletubbie Daleks, and totally re-imagined one of my favourite Dr Who aliens, the Sillurians, and made them more human looking with chameleon like tongues. Jesus! Just shocking! Malcolm Hulke and Brian Hayles would be turning in their graves at the thought of what dear old Stevie has done two of my favourite Dr Who aliens. I had great expectations back when Steven Moffat was announced as Doctor Who Show runner, but looking at the past series's since Matt Smith took over, it's a very mixed bag indeed.

There's a feeling that Doctor Who could be in the dock with Chibnall as the new show runner. Who knows, maybe the axe will fall "if" Chibnall's series doesn't get the sort of ratings the BBC expects. I feel the clock is ticking on Doctor Who.

Last edited by hivemind; 18th November 2016 at 12:41 AM.