Thread: Comedy Film
View Single Post
Old 4th December 2016, 11:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I think there is a lot of good tv about it's just knowing what it is. Personally i don't think there has been a decent British comedy since The League of Gentleman although that might be because the ones i've tried haven't impressed at all.

Same goes for British tv in general especially drama. As mentioned on here numerous times i really enjoyed The Night Manager earlier on this year as well as War and Peace which made me finally decide to check out Downton Abbey (Yes i noticed your tiny little line earlier ) and i'm really pleased i did as i'm now half way through the second series and it's absolutely outstanding.

Drama, humour, thrills and it's so well written. Julian Fellowes has that knack that i've only seen from Russell T Davies previously, in that he can create a fully rounded character with just two lines of dialogue. If Nos is reading this he should definitely give it a go as i'm sure he'd like it. That complete box set on current viewing is easily the best tv i've bought this year. Yet like you, in my ignorance i've always dissed it as a series.

Yes I threw Downton in just to see if your awake.Im just not a fan iof any of these Marvel/DC universe,I fed up to the back teeth of police drama wether its uk or us and apart from Jeeves and Wooster hate period tv.Comedy is abit trickier,I use to love all those panel shows,but now find them tedious,Mrs Brown boiys I just thought was rubbish.Man Down with Greg Davies was very good,but sufferd when Rik Maysl died.Still Game the brilliant scotish sitcom came back with a cracking new series,after that its box sets from the 1970,apoart from One foot in the Grave,which I recently rewatched and enjoyed immensely then its the holy grail of comedy Seinfeld,box set is never far from my dvd player.I just do not have the energy to watch anything because these new series seem to go on foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr