Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 17th December 2016, 11:59 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Okay, just a follow up on my Shipito shipping costs.....and it's as I remembered. The above 4 films, marked them down to $20.00 total value and was given these options to post;
DNL. $41.88 7 days
TNT, $39.61 7 days
DPD. (Shipito Preferred) $28.68 7- 9 days
FedEx $50.41 7-9 days
USPS $81.93 3-7 days
Airmail Economy $9.77 45 days!!!!
USPS $61.54 6-10 days
USPS 1st Class $30.99 varies-slow.
FedEx Economy $47.84 7-10 days.

The only cheap one takes up to 45 days....Nope, not a chance. I could be dead by the time it got here! Add the $2.00 handling fee and choosing the DPD option it came to $30.68 or in proper money, £25.38.

So about $10.00 more expensive than Diabolik posting fees and no insurance as was marked down to $20.00 value. For all four films delivered it works out to £105.38, about £26.50 per film. I'm not really complaining as it appears that Diabolik and SAE are not going to get these at least in the short term and FleaBay will charge a lot more, just letting you all know the price costs if you are thinking of going this route.

EDIT; Ronin started International postage then removed it. Don't know if it will return. They also will show full costs on their shipping form, complying with USA law, resulting in a hefty import charge plus handling fee if you use them direct so this is the cheapest option at the moment. Not that £26 quid per disc is cheap, mind!!
I'm not sure why you'd bother. Are CR releases that good, one or two prime examples aside of course.