Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 17th December 2016, 12:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not sure why you'd bother. Are CR releases that good, one or two prime examples aside of course.
No. To be honest. There's a few good releases and a few things I would never normally buy but I broke one of my rules of film collecting a couple of years ago and half regret it now, if I'm totally truthful.

The rule was never to buy everything that a company puts out. I know people that do that now, Scream Factory, Criterion, Blue Underground, Arrow, 88 Films, etc, etc. I had done it before and ended up with piles of films that I never really wanted and never watched. I've watched horror films for 40 odd years now and know what I like and don't and buy accordingly but when CR started putting out Blu Rays I had a brain leak and thought, yeah, why not?

Now that I have 70 something titles (All bloody numbered on the spine so it really narks me if there is missing numbers..) I'm sorta locked into buying them. I have to admit though that the growing collection does look kinda cool on the shelf and there are a few kick ass titles due out next year. The other thing is CR titles somehow manage to keep a good price second hand so it's a bit like I'm just saving money really............. so I keep trying to convince myself!

Saying all this though, I've just started collecting the Vestron Video Blus BUT I have read that there will only be 33 of them so it's a finite collection.

My advise to anyone would be buy what you like and don't buy Labels but we all have our own idiosyncrasies.