View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2017, 07:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Suicide Squad (2016)

Having read all the negativity on here and elsewhere i went into Suicide Squad not expecting much especially as i'm not the greatest fan of superhero movies in general.

However i really enjoyed it. I liked the characters. I thought Will Smith was excellent as Deadshot as was Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. Joel Kinnaman did well as the only non hero type in the group and i thought Jared Leto was terrifying a the Joker. Whereas Heath Ledger was edgy and Jack Nicholson just played himself, Leto i thought was genuinely scary. It can be argued that some of the other Squad members weren't as fleshed out as the ones mentioned but that's got to be expected in just over 100 minutes.

The plot was fairly straight forward and grounded on Earth's streets which is always a bonus (I get bored very quickly with Thor and Loki throwing planets at each other) and the pacing was brisk which meant i was always interested. The only let down was the final battle with Enchantress which was a CGI mess as happens in pretty much every superhero film of the 21st century.

On the whole Suicide Squad was an edgy, violent film and a cut above most of it's kind. Far superior to the one trick pony that was Deadpool.
Now I'm interested.