View Single Post
Old 9th January 2017, 04:56 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's what I meant. I was asking how much of a difference there would be between what you consider to be a great film and a personal favourite.

How many films can you watch frequently despite clear shortcomings in direction, acting, or screenwriter, for example, and how would you like them? On the other hand, what films do you consider to be almost flawless but have very little interest in watching?
Whilst I know where you're coming from, I look at films as a complete package or a piece of art - how well it's been presented or its composition technique alone don't make one film greater than another for me and it simply comes down to taste/preference. Whilst I can certainly see a lot of failings in certain films that I do like (whether it be the script, production values, acting etc.) I wouldn't and couldn't say that just because a film is more technically polished it is greater than another, unless of course I enjoyed it more.

Plus as for being flawless, I need to enjoy the film too for it to be so otherwise it's nothing more than just an empty hollow, nicely presented shell.