View Single Post
Old 13th January 2017, 05:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just City of the Dead for me.
Funny story about that film that nobody asked for, but I'm gonna tell you anyway.
It was 1990 something (Goldbergs reference) and I spot a listing in the Daily Mirror for one City of the Dead on BBC2 as part of their Dr Terror double bills.
A few years earlier, I'd seen a still from that film, featuring the head of a zombie emerging from its grave (stop scratching your head wondering why you can't recall said scene in the film), which as a zombie fan, made me want to see the film, so the fact the BBC were showing it got me excited.
Fast forward to later that night and I'm laid in bed watching this old B&W film, starring my second favourite actor after Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee.
The film had nearly finished and I still hadn't seen the above mentioned flesheater rise from the grave, it must be in the final minute or so! Credits start to roll and I'm laid there disappointed that I didn't get to see this creepy looking scene, so I decide to hop out of bed, switch on my bedroom light and sift through my stack of Dark Side magazines, looking for the image I was certain was from City of the Dead.
Finally, I find it in the August 1992 issue, which happened to be an Italian Special, and would you believe it, I'd read the bloody caption wrong, the still was actually from City of the LIVING Dead, which as we all know wasn't in B&W, didn't star Christopher Lee and wasn't about witchcraft!

To sum up, despite my disappointment and stupidity, I became a fan of City of the Dead from that moment on, brilliant film, so that is why I will be adding the BD to my collection
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!