View Single Post
Old 9th May 2008, 01:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I haven't seen the U.S release (which has better extras) but the UK DVD is pretty good, anamorphic, and fully uncut.
I have the OOP US dvd which also contains the drastically reduced US version running about 72 minutes & I would say that the r2 Warner release (which I also own) is better looking.The shorter US cut spoils this daft but hugely entertaining film but itr's nice to own it as an extra.I think there is a good comparison of both here from Zeta Minor:-

The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires

UK - Warner Home Video

Previous VHS versions were pan-and-scanned, and cut by about ten seconds. Warner Home Video's DVD version is presented uncut, in anamorphic 2.35:1 format, with mono audio. The disc features a new transfer which is a big improvement on Anchor Bay's US version. No bonus features. English HoH subtitles. Zeta Minor review

US - Anchor Bay Entertainment

Another early Anchor Bay release, this one suffers from a non-anamorphic transfer, but at least it's in its original 2.35:1 ratio. It also has a terrible sleeve! On the plus side, you get a whole bonus movie, albeit the bastardised American version of Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires, titled The 7 Brothers Meet Dracula, and an audio presentation of the film's soundtrack album, which features a truncated version of the film with linking narration. The disc does not have English closed captions or subtitles. Zeta Minor review

The film was re-released by Anchor Bay at the end of 2003 as a double-bill with Frankenstein Created Woman. The two-disc set contains all the bonus features of the original discs. Anchor Bay's rights have expired, and both the standalone disc and the double-bill version have been deleted.

Last edited by mark meakin; 9th May 2008 at 01:41 PM.