View Single Post
Old 18th January 2017, 08:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've just listened to Mark Kermode's review and his issue was the use of Albinoni’s Adagio in G Minor, a piece of music which has been used in the TV series Butterflies, the films Rollerball, Gallipoli, Flashdance, and accompanies Confessions on Simon Mayo's Drivetime radio show. As such, it has (for many) become cliché. Apparently Lonergan had it in as a temp track always intending to replace it with a different piece of music but found it worked so well he didn't/couldn't find anything better.

I didn't have an issue with the music because, although it's been used, I have never found it overused. If it had been Barber's Adagio for Strings, probably most famous fourth Platoon and The Elephant Man, that would have been different. It is most likely a personal thing and your memories of, and associations with, a particular piece of music, including how many times you have heard it and its associations for you.
I feel it was more to do with Mayo's drivetime confessions show rather than anything else! It's a beautiful piece of music anyway, I'm going to listen to it now. Sorry, I thought it was Canon but couldn't go back and check the review with me being in work

Triumphant sight on a northern sky