View Single Post
Old 19th January 2017, 07:34 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I know things change, but I am not expecting to get anything new before the end of the month, so January's purchases were:
[*]Iron Man 2 - Strange one this! The box on the shelf was for the one disc DVD, but when I took it to the counter, it was discovered that this version had been sold to someone else in error, so the girl behind the counter was very apologetic when she had to sell me the special edition blu-ray (2x blu-ray & 1xDVD) instead[/LIST]
Firstly why? It's shit and even the completion in me refuses to own it. Or I won't let the bugger I'm not sure.

Secondly, sort of reminds me of a time I tried to buy a dvd in Blockbuster (remember that place??!?)
I picked up a dvd of Jason X. I don't recall exactly how much but it was a good price given it was quite new out. Got home and realised they had put a rental disc in the case. No bonus features. Took it back and dealt with a middle aged dear who had no idea what i was talking about. Simply couldn't understand the problem. When I tried to explain that the extras listed on the reverse simply weren't present she asked me "what do you mean 'extras'??? What are extras???". I ended up with a refund because the matter couldn't be resolved because that evening a (at the time) major UK movie rental company simply didn't have any staff in that knew what extra features were.