View Single Post
Old 20th January 2017, 06:14 PM
Cult Master

'Black Sabbath: Live...Gathered In Their Masses' is a live show recorded at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia on April 29th and May 1st, 2013

Track listing:
War Pigs/Into The Void/Loner/Snowblind/Black Sabbath/Behind The Walls Of Sleep/N.I.B/Methademic/Fairies Wear Boots/Symptom Of The Universe/Iron Man/End Of The Beginning/Children Of The Grave/God Is Dead?/Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Intro)/Paranoid

First, the good. Tony Iommi is one of my guitar heroes. Alongside Jimmy Page, he is the only man who can take two single notes, and build a million different and catchy guitar riffs around them. This DVD really showcases his work. Geezer Butler is a great bass player. His thundering rhythms fit in perfectly. With Bill Ward being out of the band, drummer Tommy Clufetos (Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Rob Zombie) provides the backbeat, and he seems to be channeling his inner Keith Moon!

Now, the bad. Ozzy! Yes, I know that many people think he is a GOD, but he is an embarrassment. Whether it's throwing buckets of water over the crowd, speaking to the audience ('I can't f**king hear you', 'We f**king love you', 'Go f**king crazy', 'This next f**king song is called...') or doing the patented Ozzy dance (shuffle two steps to the left, jump up and down, shuffle four steps to the right, jump up and down, shuffle two steps to the microphone, 'Let me see your f**king hands', clap twice, shuffle two steps to the left, jump up and down etc) he really is out of it!

Musically, it's a great show and pretty much every song played is a classic if you can blank out the vocals

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty