View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2017, 08:39 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Nice to see you're still about, Rick.

I really liked your cover for Shameless' release of The Sect (a film that's always had less than inspiring artwork) and have actually recently picked up the Blue Underground releases of Eugenie, Marquis de Sade's Justine and Venom - all of which sport covers by you. It's nice to see you still working with cult labels.
Shameless and Blue Underground are nice people to work for. I did a painting of Edwige Fenech being licked by a goat for Shameless's Top Sensation release but they went with something else; I really can't think why! They went with my The Sect design though, although they cropped out the Kelly Curtis portrait which turned out to be a good idea. The best cover I did for Blue Underground was Venom. Their art director, Chip, came back to me and said "Um, Rick. It's nice but Susan George is only in her underwear for two seconds and the snake is black, not green." I bitched about making changes because it was all done in oil and they went with it. At Shameless I deal with a lady called Charlotte. She never talks dirty or anything but I always imagine her to be really hot. She requested four changes to The Sect and I did 'em all!