View Single Post
Old 13th February 2017, 07:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
VAMPYRES – two vampires doing a siren routine and luring men from country lanes back to their pad for booze, sex games and blood letting.
Why does this never happen to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
SATAN'S SLAVE – Norman J Warren's first foray into grimy Brit horror. I prefer his other flicks in this domain – 'Prey', 'The Terror', even 'Inseminoid'. Actually, come to think of it, 'Bloody New Year', too. They're a weird bunch to varying degrees, particularly that last one, whereas 'Satan's Slave' is relatively 'normal' in that it's a straightforward cash-in on the ultimate seventies British horror trope, that whole witchcraft-occult-satanism-thing-presented-as-entertainment-for-the-masses, and just goes ahead and delivers a tale of a woman being held captive for ritual purposes in Michael Gough's gloomy mansion. This was made at a time when UK horror was shifting gears from stately gothic and heading towards a more exploitative realm, so there's some blood and some nudity and some classic moments like Michael Craze getting mashed after he falls from the top of a bleak looking tower block. Cool stuff goes down, like the incredibly sinister Baphomet guy at the beginning. Recommended viewing.
Nice to see some Warren love. Unlike yourself i think Satan's Slave is his best film. It looks at the Occult films from earlier years and says '**** you! This is what an Occult ritual should be like - blood, sex and death and if you don't like it we'll stab you in the eye'.