View Single Post
Old 1st March 2017, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I watched Logan this morning and I know it's no "cult" film like I Drink Your Blood but damn this was a superb film. I mean it too, superb is the word I'm going with here.

It's brutally violent and bloody, full of anger and foul language but with a tenderness and heart that just hasn't been present in previous X-Men universe films.

The basic premise, for those that haven't got round to reading up on it yet, is that Logan is in hiding and looking after Professor X, who's not very well. They're both losing their mutant abilities and thing's aren't great for Logan, he's not a happy wolf and he just wants to die. Things get worse when he's found by a young girl who needs his help.... trouble ensues.

It is dark, moody and just entirely different to any other superhero film released so far, it has real maturity and an unsettling mood that's unique, yet refreshing to see.
It is without a doubt Hugh Jackmans finest performance yet, it now tops Prisoners as my favourite of his. Patrick Stewart is incredible too, as always, the relationship between their characters is full of love, loathe and brilliant banter. In fact this film is certainly funnier than I expected (not in a jokey kind of way by throwing in jokes for the sake of trying to get a jarring giggle from the audience, but real life humour.) I hope that makes sense to you all. It's funny because it's real, real conversations with family and friends can at times be funny and that natural humour works so well and actually compliments the dark mood and tone of most of the film.

The cinematography is gorgeous at times and the special effects were brilliant too, used sparingly aswell so they felt natural and definitely not overused.

Did I mention the violence? Oh it was brutal, so much blood and dismemberment, was just too damn good. I was wincing and cheering at the same time.

The action scenes were shot and choreographed really effectively and it wasnt just one second cuts with shakey cam like most modern films, this was much more "John Wick" than your average blockbuster. You see the violence close and with full effect, no unnecessary cutaways here my friends.

To be honest there really wasn't anything negative I can say about this film at the moment, I can't think of anything that annoyed or confused me that would warrant a reduction in its score so I'm going to have to give this a 5 out of 5. I may be too generous but I'm in that mood because I'm still thinking about this film 8 hours later and I'm still smiling about it. Although I have to admit it wasn't all smiles whilst watching, I will admit that I cried once.... or twice.... okay okay okay, three times then. I'm a sensitive guy people, give me a break

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Going to see this on Tuesday , can't wait now.