View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Have you watched any of them? Can you recommend any others. I've only seen the two Rita Hayworth films and she's fantastic in both of them!
These are the two box sets i have.

The first one comprises of - You Were Never Lovelier, Cover Girl, Gilda and Pal Joey.

I'm presuming Gilda is the second film you've seen, if not then you should as it's a stone cold classic. I have it three times in different sets.

Pal Joey is excellent. It stars Frank Sinatra and Kim Novak too and features the song The Lady is a Tramp. I don't remember You Were Never Lovelier. Fred Astaire co-stars though. Might watch it tonight.

The second set features - Gilda, Salome, You'll Never Get Rich, Magnificent Showman, The Lady From Shanghai and Miss Sadie Thompson.

Salome is an historical epic which i like. Rita's very sexy in this. You'll Never Get Rich is another Fred Astaire musical. Again i don't remember it. Magnificent Showman is very good. Rita and Claudia Cardinale in the same film It's not as good as The Greatest Show on Earth though, as far as circus movies go.

The Lady from Shanghai is an all time classic. Murder on the waves. Whilst Miss Sadie Thompson is another sexy role as she plays a nightclub singer on a tropical island in WWII.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4478 (Large).jpg (97.4 KB, 3 views)