View Single Post
Old 7th March 2017, 11:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I really enjoyed Apocalypse, I appreciated the whole 'comic-book-y' atmosphere and visuals and thought that the Quicksilver slow-mo and unexpected Wolverine/Weapon X sequences were really cool. It's had quite a negative response which is unfortunate considering that it's the X-Men film which probably most resembles the source material. btw There is some really serious subwoofer action on the blu-ray's 7.1 sound (the most I've ever experienced in a film thus far), was genuinely concerned that my neighbours might complain.

Watched: Doctor Strange (2016).

Thought that it was yet again, another solid film from Marvel Studios. I'm not raving about it but I did enjoy myself quite a bit. Was pleased to note only three references to the Marvel Universe (the Thor appearance in one of the two after credit sequences obviously being the major one). Call me crazy but I far prefer it when solo films are standalone and team-up features are done in Avengers films only. The film had a lot of enjoyable trippy cgi visuals and is probably very enjoyable in 3D (I watched it in 2D). Film score - a rating of 3.5/5 only but could happily watch again.