View Single Post
Old 18th March 2017, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict

Revenge of the Creature

220px-Revenge_creature.jpg

Sequel to the original Creature from the Black Lagoon, made just a year later with the same director, the creature is played by someone new so has been slightly modified.
An enjoyable new chapter, the creature is captured and taken back to a sealife style set up, chained in a tank the films protagonists try to tame him until the inevitable happens and he goes on a girl induced rampage.

Poor old Gilly guy never gets much luck, he's always got the hots for some scantily clad 50's bird without even seeming to realise he has no visible private parts or indeed any chance whatsoever with his current squeeze.

Still i loves these old chestnuts, and don't remember actually seeing this before, not as good as the classic original, but has a few memorable moments.
At one point he viciously kills the heroines dog, not that she seems to be that bothered.
Loved the scene where he attacks two college kids and does a gravity defying throw of one into a nearby tree and also the moment when he approaches a bar in time to the accompanying jazzy tune playing within.

Recommended if you like these old b flicks, a solid 7 from me.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.