View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2017, 06:54 AM
Cult Addict

Don't kill it

Dolph Lundgren plays a demon hunter who is tracking a body hopping demon that's out on a killing spree. Each time someone kills its host it jumps to that person. Dolph can't just kill it because of this so needs to lure it into a dying host in order to stop it. Don't kill is incredibly entertaining trash from beginning to end. The gore is used liberally with head explosions, chainsaw mutilations, axes to face ect. Occasionally the blood looks a little CGI but its no deal breaker. Overall this is one that's worth a go. Its 80 minutes so doesn't wear out its welcome. Its also a safe bet its going to end up in poundland sooner or later.

The Devil's Candy

A struggling painter and his family move into a new home only to find themselves beset by satanic possession and the homes previous resident whose out on a child murder spree. It mixes in a great metal soundtrack and also plays on the idea of the erroneous link between metal and satanism.
Its a nice, slow burning horror which is quite nasty in places without being graphic. Worth watching.

Giallo in venice

Falling somewhere beneath Malabimba and New York Ripper in terms of raw sleaze, the occasionally confused plot involves the investigation of a double murder and flashes back to the sex fuelled lifestyle of the victims. The 99 minute fan edit I watched involves occasional hardcore inserts, sweaty protracted euro sex, graphic mutilation, immolation and rape. Its all grotty stuff but I ended up enjoying myself. Perhaps I need therapy but the film is still eminently watchable though it has more than a few unintentional chuckles. The hardcore inserts and the Infamous 'pussy stabbing' scene, (which more than one-ups new york rippers bottle scene) means an uncut release in the uk is improbable at best, though Code red claims to be releasing it on Blu-ray at some point in the near future.