View Single Post
Old 31st March 2017, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

*Prom Night*

I picked up the 1980 version of Prom Night in a charity shop yesterday, and watched it last night having never seen it before.

The movie is a bit slow to start with, but you can feel the tension building with the back story of the covered up accidental death, the sex offender who was wrongly accused and attacked over it, the sex offender escaping the hospital, the dead nurse, the creepy phone calls, the excitement and the happiness being felt by the youths who are getting ready for their senior Prom (which, while not all too important an occasion here in the U.K. is obviously is a milestone for a American kids). But then the tension gets completely killed off by this really dragged out disco dancing sequence that wouldn't have been out of place in a film that was actually about disco dancing! After the dancing, the tension destroyed, the film goes on to some fairly tame kill scenes. *shrug*

In saying all that the film was full of twists, turns and had red herring after red herring! The final scenes were very exciting and really had me gripped to the screen waiting on the mask being pulled from the killer's face! The killer was gialloesque - completely dressed in black and never really appears on screen enough to give you any clues as to the gender. I didn't have a clue who it was going to be!

Overall I enjoyed the movie. It's one of these really famous slashers which all genre fans should watch...cause it is good!

Plus JLC is in it, which is never a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk