View Single Post
Old 12th April 2017, 03:28 PM
Cult Master

As always, films I have got in my collection:

1965 - There are only 9 films in my collection that I remember watching

1: Repulsion - Possibly the only film that truly shows what a mental breakdown looks like. Chilling and believable
2: Dr Who And The Daleks - A good, fun sci/fi romp
3: Help - The Beatles second film. Great comedy and fine music, although the 'racist' elements leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth, and are probably the reason why this isn't shown on telly any more
4: The Sound Of Music - Classic musical, even if it is over-long and sickly-sweet
5: The Nanny - Hammer at it's best, with Bette Davis perfect as the 'is she/isn't she' governess
6: Color Me Blood Red - Probably the most extreme film released that year!
7: Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors - A fun Amicus anthology
8 - Thunderball - A lesser Bond, but good escapism
9: For A Few Dollars More - Not a fan of Westerns, but this is a good one

I also own Dr Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine, Motor Psycho, Mudhoney and She, but I really don't remember anything about them!

1: Labyrinth - A fine fantasy film. Jennifer Connelly never looked prettier
2: Phenomena - I'm probably the only person who likes this Argento oddity, but I do...and Jennifer Connelly never looked prettier
3: Once Upon A Time In America - Gangster masterpiece. It certainly doesn't feel like 3 1/2 hours, and Jennifer Connelly never looked prettier
4: Savage Streets - A wonderfully exploitative revenge flick. Scuzzy and gritty
5: Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom - A lesser Indy, but still a thrilling roller-coaster ride of a movie
6 - Gremlins - Funny, violent, scary and subversive - the perfect movie mix
7 - Wheels On Meals - Jackie, Sammo, and Yuen Biao. The greatest trio of action stars together in the same film. Unmissable
8 - The Toxic Avenger - Bad taste reigns supreme in the Troma classic
9 - A Nightmare On Elm Street - The film that launched a million imitations
10 - The Company Of Wolves - 'Never trust a man whose eyebrows meet in the middle' and beware the person who is 'hairy on the inside'.
11: This Is Spinal Tap - What other number on the list could this be?

Other films I own from this year are Amadeus, Angel Heart, Code Name: Wild Geese, Combat Shock, Children Of The Corn, Escape From The Bronx, The Exterminator, The Initiation, The New Barbarians, The Mutilator, Night Of The Comet, Purple Rain, Santa Sangre, Silent Night Deadly Night, Splatter University, Supergirl and The Terminator

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty