View Single Post
Old 13th April 2017, 08:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I know I've been pretty quiet in this thread of late, the truth is I've not been watching many films because I two big Uni assignments due in the next fortnight - I re-watched Rogue One spread over two nights because I was too tired to watch it one go.

Interesting review of Hex Dem, I pretty much agree with everything you said as to the reasons why I wasn't taken with it. Certain parts of the film isolated were actually really good though, particularly the draining of the pond was handled very well and I guess that's the Les Diaboliques parallel.

I think one of the main things which made it a bit annoying, and I don't know whether you noticed but the audio track is actually a dub of the wrong language as to what the characters on the screen are speaking. I don't speak either Cantonese or Mandarin so I don't know how they sound different but essentially the subtitles are translating one language and that isn't the one used on the dub track. And the dub track isn't matching the mouths of the actors. Therefore you get that 'Hong Kong Movie' mis-matched dub famous of Kung-Fu movies and the subtitles are out of sync with the audio because of it.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky