View Single Post
Old 17th April 2017, 12:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Glad i'm not the only one who thinks Two Towers is the best one.
Although i've still not sat through the final Hobbit film.
I found the original trilogy much more engaging, the overuse of CGI in the newer films makes me zone out. The first three use CGI but it's mixed with a lot more props and sets which made them seem more real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
with battle of 5 armies, you're not missing much
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Im not a big fan of the hobbit films, Give me Lord of the rings trilogy over hobbit trilogy ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Funny enough I've not watched Battle of the Five Armies myself despite owing the trilogy box set. I can't imagine how they've made an entire film from what is essentially a chapter in the book
I really like The Hobbit trilogy. While obviously not on par with the three TLOTR films, they’re still terrific entertainment. The Battle of the Five Armies is the weakest of all six, but I still really enjoyed it. It’s just one long battle sequence with set-piece after set-piece, but despite the lack of story, it still manages to be emotional and rousing, due to its solid execution in resolving everything that was set-up in the first two films.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks