Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
When I babysat
3 films kept them quiet
Childs Play
Inner Space
and
Kickboxer
No wonder. Absolute classics! Inner Space might be the greatest film ever made by animal, plant or mineral!

I had a quick scan but sorry if someone's already brought these up. But the last two Universal Soldier sequels, Regeneration and Day of Reckoning, both directed by John Hyams, are INCREDIBLE.

Granted, Van Damme doesn't play a huge role in either, but these really took me by surprise. I especially like his Apocalypse Now turn in DoR. They're quite cheaply made, but they still have a style to them and the action is quite imaginative and super cool. The opening of DoR, which is a first-person-camera sequence, is brilliant, possibly the best example of that kinda thing that I've seen. I have a soft spot (I won't tell you where it is) for Scott Adkins, so DoR is just phenomenal. There are moments of Regeneration though, which brings back both Van Damme and Lundgren, which are oddly quite touching, in the same way JCVD is.

EDIT: Just saw online that Hyams directed Dragon Eyes, too, which I haven't seen. Any love for that one?