View Single Post
Old 20th April 2017, 04:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Exterminator-2-images-3968bfae-9e41-479d-860f-5838da35aa4.jpg

John Eastland is back to clean up the streets of New York once again this time he is going to take down a gang run by X. As much as i love The Exterminator the first film was seriously lacking flamethrower action considering the popster but in Exterminator 2 any previous disappointment was more than corrected. The Exterminator get gets alot of shit but i enjoyed it a hell of a lot it keeps the sleazy feel of the first film granted not on the same level but its there in spades. How can you not love countless thugs getting set a light with a bloody flamethrower but where the film loses some points firstly is the character of X played by Mario Van Peebles i just didn't find him threatening of in the slight bit convincing. His speech to his gang at the start just didn't make him seem like he even had any power or authority over his gang. Secondly the music is constant no matter what the scene the exact same music is playing and it does not take long to get annoying with is a real shame because its a real fun piece of trashy goodness.

If you pick up the 101 films Blu Ray watch the interview it starts off a but all over the place but once they start talking about the making of the film its very interesting explaining the flaws of the film.

While not as good as the original still a good old time.

7/10