View Single Post
Old 24th April 2017, 09:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't no. I always thought her older stuff was more pop. Perhaps i'm wrong, going off Show Me Heaven that's all.
Ha! No, Show Me Heaven is an aberration. Her background is country-rock. Lone Justice was her first band. She's done stuff with The Jayhawks, Stevie Ray Vaughan among others.

Solo Albums.

1 Maria Mckee - Self-titled first solo album. Mainly country influenced ballads with a couple more rocky songs. Two on my list from this one. Breathe and This Property is Condemned.

2. You Gotta Sin to get Saved - More southern rock than country, but a couple Van Morrison covers too and a song co-written with Sam Brown. Two on my list from this one too. I Forgive You (with Sam Brown) and I Can't Make it Alone.

3. Life is Sweet - Indie rock. Maria does lead guitar. Kinda killed her career but is one of my favourite albums period. Could have put 9 of the 11 tracks from this album on the list, but settled for I'm Awake, This Perfect Dress, Absolutely Barking Stars, What Else You Wana Know, and Scarlover.

4. High Dive - Bit of everything. You got this one, so don;t need me to tell you.

5. Peddling Dreams - Bit softer than my preferred McKee.

6. Late December - Import copies are too expensive whenever i look, so could be brilliant for all i know.