View Single Post
Old 26th April 2017, 10:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Alien (2003 Director's Cut)

Seeing as it's Alien Day today, I thought I'd give this Sci-fi/Horror classic a watch.
We've all seen it before, so I don't need to explain the plot

I've seen this film (the theatrical version, not the director's cut) countless times before on all formats, and despite this it still makes me jump on occasion and the overall sense of dread and terror, brilliantly directed by Ridley Scott, still makes this film an enjoyable experience to watch every time.
Kudos must go to the amazing design work of H R Giger, his creations are the real star here, along with the claustrophobic atmosphere created by Scott and cinematographer Derek Vanlint.

Hopefully the upcoming Alien: Covenant can capture some of this when it arrives next month.
I should point out that I'm a fan of all films in the series (just the Alien series, not including AvP) and quite enjoyed Prometheus, but I did feel it was missing something that made Alien so great. I also used to rank Aliens higher than this, but I think after this evenings viewing, I may have swayed my feeling back to Alien

Now it's time for the Italian rip off that is Contamination
If I had knowing that I would of had a double bill of my own tonight but its to late now I might watch alien and galaxy of terror tomorrow