View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 11:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

I Drink Your Blood

First of all, Grindhouse Releasing's Blu Ray looks amazing for such an old cheapo film, I highly doubt 88 Films can better this release, we'll see in July

Right, the film itself ha ha.
First time viewing, but I have read a fair bit about it over years and seen the trailer enough times so I knew what to expect.
This is low budget drive-in/grindhouse cinema at its finest, cheap and cheerful, gory in places, plenty of laughs (both intentional and not), some sex and nudity and ridiculous dialogue ("Let it be known, sons and daughters, that Satan was an acid head" ).
Is it a good film? Hell no, but it is entertaining and I'm glad I took a punt on it, definitely not a waste of £20
At times it reminded me of the films of H.G Lewis and other grindhouse trash like Drive In Massacre, that's not a bad thing at all IMO, I even thought of Porky's at one point while watching, can't really explain why.

Definitely not a film for everyone, but I recommend it and the Blu from Grindhouse is definitely worth picking up, stellar job by them once again. Of course, 88 Films are releasing this in July, fully uncut, but there's no details about this as yet so their release may not contain both the X rated Theatrical Cut and the Director's Cut (the version I just watched) as well as the other film from the double bill: I Eat Your Skin

7/10
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!