View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 11:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroid View Post
I love Five Man Army, it's derivative but still good fun. The Morricone soundtrack is one of my favourites too, the song from the scene where the villagers mourn the execution victims is amazing.
Whilst I certainly wouldn't rave about it, I did enjoy 'Five Man Army.' I'll definitely pick it up on dvd to add to my Argento collection. And yes, the Morricone score was a big plus.

I watched 'Today it's me...Tomorrow it's you' and sadly, wasn't very impressed. It didn't compare at all well to 'Five Man Army'. Probably an unfair comparison as TIMTIY was obviously very much made on the cheap.

Watched the first 20 mins of 'Probability Zero' (will finish it later tonight) and was interested by 2 things: that it was produced by Salvatore Argento and that it featured later Argento regular, Fulvio Mingozzi in yet another very brief role.

I found out that the Tony Musante starring, 'The Love Circle' was also available on Italian dvd but sadly it isn't English friendly. That's disappointing as an English dub (and an English version of a Morricone track) was actually created for the film.

So that's six of the thirteen pre-Bird, Dario Argento co-written 1960's films that are currently available on dvd or blu-ray (Once Upon A Time In The West, The Five Man Army, Today it's me...Tomorrow it's you, Probability Zero, Commandos and The Love Circle).

Last edited by SymbioticFunction; 11th May 2017 at 11:30 PM.