View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 12:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Discovered that a blu-ray of 'Goblin - Live in Austin, Texas' was also available. This is a 2014 gig that was also released in 2016. Ordered a copy through the official Goblin website online shop (the only place where it is available). Cost me 31 pounds including shipping so it wasn't cheap. This line-up features Pignatelli/Marangolo/Morante/Guarini. Link for ordering: https://www.backtothefudda.com/shop.php I see that there is also a 'New Goblin' live in Tokyo dvd available (released in 2012). Would also be looking to pick that up at some point. Can't afford it right now!
Was chatting on a Dario Argento Facebook group and revealed how much I had spent on this (but I hadn't yet told my wife).

She's a member of the same group and whilst we were eating evening dinner, she said "31 pounds. On a blu-ray?" To be fair, she didn't complain, just queried it. Which is one of the reasons why I love her.

In my defence, I did mention that whilst I had spent slightly over 80 pounds on importing 1 dvd and 3 blu-rays in the last fortnight, I am currently doing additional cash-in-hand work for 20 pounds each week in addition to my regular job. So in two weeks, we will only be 55 pence out of pocket.

btw 31 pounds certainly isn't the most that I've spent on an individual blu-ray. That honour would go to Argento's Phantom of the Opera which cost a whopping 45 pounds to import from Germany.