View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 12:00 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Killjoy (2000)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have it and a sequel on a cheapo two film dvd. It's practically unwatchable as far as horror entertainment goes.

No idea why 88 Films would release a box set of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
well it's done by full moon (presumably the sequels are, the first one only has charles bands name as producer). so guessing because of that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
They are dreadful, even by Full Moon standards.
Agreed, the first one is poor, and the second one is even worse, but something happened after them, and when you get to both 'Killjoy 3' and 'Killjoy Goes To Hell' you get two films that are highly enjoyable and recommended

Here is my review from earlier in this thread - March 2016:

"So, still needing my afternoon nap, I decided to have a go at the 88 Films 'Killjoy Collection'

The first film, 'Killjoy' (2000) is 70 minutes about a ciller klown. It's bottom of the barrel, but it kept my interest

This is followed by 'Killjoy 2: Deliverance From Evil' (2002), which is an awful movie. With a run time just shy of 80 minutes, it seems to be around the 75 minute mark before Killjoy actually shows up! It is not a good film. Oh, in the original, the eponymous villain was played by Angel Vargas, now he is played by Trent Haaga (who went on to write 'Deadgirl' and 'Toxic Avenger 4' amongst other movies). 'Killjoy 2' is a very poor film

After a break of 8 years, 'Killjoy 3' was released (2010), and after the hideous movie that was part 2, I wasn't expecting very much...but time is a great healer, and this was a very good film. Killjoy is back with some new chums (Punchy, Freakshow and Batty Boop [who must save a fortune on washing powder, because she is naked throughout the film, just wearing body paint]). This film features college students being dragged thru a mystic mirror onto another dimension - a not particularly novel idea admittedly, but an agreeable timewaster

Killjoy returned in 'Killjoy Goes To Hell' (2012), where he is on trial in Hell for failing to be scary. Again, it is a surprisingly good film"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty