View Single Post
Old 28th May 2017, 12:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought it was nice of the Queen to visit the hospitals where the injured were. However it would have been much cooler if Grande had not fled off back to the States on the first plane possible and visited them herself. It would have shown her in a very caring light to her fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't think she had a say in the matter, but I agree, it would have been a nice gesture
I didn't know the Queen had visited the hospitals until you mentioned it; it is something which would probably mean a lot to those she saw and is something she's been doing for decades.

Like you both, I think Ariana Grande visiting would have been much more meaningful, but she is probably in a really difficult situation with her management and record company, not to mention her own reaction to what happened, which may include some elements of PTSD, stress, depression and/or anxiety issues, all of which could be exacerbated by going to hospitals and personally seeing things she has only heard about or seen in newspapers, the Internet or on TV. Although she wasn't physically injured, she is also a victim of the attack.

Noel Gallagher said something along the lines of having no idea how he would feel or react if they were "his fans' who were killed and injured and became quite emotional just thinking about it.

Warning: very loud!
WATCH: Noel Gallagher Reflects On Manchester Attack | radiox.co.uk - Radio X