View Single Post
Old 28th May 2017, 01:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't you think in circumstances such as this these people have to be strong? Prove themselves worthy to their fans?

Maybe i'm too old school. This nanny world is not my world.
Princes Harry and William have described it very well when talking about the damaging impact of the need to 'be strong', particularly if you are male and the term 'man up' is used to prevent people from expressing emotions. If Grande is really traumatised, it's probably best for her to stay out of the public eye and have counselling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I think she has been strong via social media which is how her fans interact with her. She is coming back to do a benefit gig and to be fair to her, how many old school bands have been singled out for a terrorist attack on their child fans.

I don't think you are old school Dem, just old and out of touch with how things are these days.
These are all very good points and it is easy to be 'strong' from your own house, but something else altogether from a stage in front of thousands of people when there is the possibility of a flashback to a terrorist attack.

It's slightly similar, but also very different, to when I saw Regina Spektor the day after Donald Trump was elected and she was really struggling not to burst out crying onstage, forgetting lyrics and starting songs with her fingers on the wrong keys a couple of times.