View Single Post
Old 29th May 2017, 03:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

My other movie watches over the bank holiday weekend.

Le Cercle Rouge (1970) - Terrific French crime thriller with Alain Delon and Gian Maria Volonte.

Ex Machina (2014) - Stunning directorial debut from Alex Garland. Stark sci-fi, yet eerily Gothic with it's Frankenstein storyline and gut wrenching finale. I've found out it is possible to be attracted to an automaton.

The Nevadan (1950) - Randolph Scott crosses paths with bank robber Forrest Tucker in an exciting western adventure.

Altered States (1980) - Not sure if this was a film about hallucinatory drugs, isolation chambers and primal regression or a peek into the life of Cult Labs Inspector Abberline. Either way director Ken Russell never lets us down with some startling imagery that will stay with you for days.

Give us Tomorrow (1978) - See review above

Inferno (2016) - Disappointing adaptation of Dan Brown's best selling novel. Great Florence locations and the whole Dante, hell, mystery is a lot of fun but it kinda lumbers along when it should be a fast paced mystery.

Killjoy 3 (2010) - A vast improvement on the first two films. The addition of entirely body painted clown, Batty Boop - the sultry Victoria De Mare - took the series into a whole new dimension of two star film making.

Zombie Night (2013) - I expected more from this John Gulager film. Lacking in the exploitative elements which made the likes of Piranha 3DD trashy fun. The inclusion of shambling zombies gave this a Romero ish feel in the opening twenty minutes but that's where the similarities end.

Amphibious Creature of the Deep (2010) - Great Balinese locations and classy gore can't save this Brian Yuzna directed effort from it's frankly rubbish script which lacks a sense of fun or tension.